Words and music by Andru Bemis
- Stephen loved the poor and weak. They killed him with a stone. An angel from heaven held his hand. Stephen didn’t even moan, poor Stephen didn’t even moan
- Jesus when you come for me, how will I really know? Send my brother Gabriel down to make that whistle blow. Oh, make that whistle blow
- Rock me river, rock me dear, to the depths below. Carry my body away from here when it’s my time to go. Oh, when’s my time to go?
- I’m doing the best I can, I cannot do no more. Wanna get to heaven and the holy land, I gotta keep on the narrow road, keep on the narrow road
- When I die you can bury me, boil or burn my bones. Drown them in the deepest sea, but don’t ever let me die alone. No, never let me die alone
Gm — Dm7 – Gm — Cm – Gm – Dm7 – Gm